Asta 「アスタ Asuta」 is an orphan left under the care of a church in the village of Hage. He is the wielder of the five-leaf clover Grimoire and a member of Clover Kingdom's Black Bull squad.
- Expert Swordsman: Asta initially has a rough style due to having an unconventional sword and having only received basic training from Fanzell Kruger. Over time he develops greater skill through battle experience, additional swords, and ki-sensing.
- No Magic Power: Asta possesses no mana and so is unable to use magic. This enables Asta to wield Anti Magic without suffering the weakening effects since he has no magic to drain. This also makes him undetectable to mana-sensors.
- Enhanced Strength: Asta possesses a high level of physical strength, able to do a thousand single-handed handstand push-ups, to swing heavy swords single-handedly, and to punch holes in rock walls with no injury to himself. Asta can swing his swords with such force that his opponents break stone when they crash. The Witch Queen further enhances his arm strength using blood magic.
- Enhanced Speed: Asta is capable of moving in an above-average speed, which causes William Vangeance to think that he has used magic to aid himself.
- Enhanced Durability: Asta possesses a high durability, as seen when he is able to keep standing up, despite receiving numerous attacks from Heath. He is even able to emerge from Licht's attempted cave-in relatively unharmed alongside Yami.
- Enhanced Instinct: Asta possesses a heightened level of instinct, as demonstrated when he can unconsciously move his body in the best way to defend himself.
- Ki: A principle originating from Yami's homeland, this allows Asta to use a sixth sense and to perceive and react to unseen attacks and people.
- Keen Intellect: Despite his hyperactive and headstrong nature, Asta has shown to be intelligent and thoughtful in his own right. He understands many situations he finds himself in and can be tactical when needed such as cutting out curses with his swords and thinking of different tactics in battle.
- Grimoire: Asta wields a five-leaf clover grimoire, which he receives during his fight with Revchi. The grimoire is tattered and filthy, a black five-leaf clover insignia at the center of its front cover. This clover symbol is largely unseen due to the dirt covering it, making most (including Asta) assume that the grimoire possesses unusual magic but is otherwise ordinary. Asta is able to summon swords from it, which he uses for his Anti Magic. His grimoire used to be a four-leaf clover grimoire that belonged to Licht.
- Demon-Slayer Sword: Asta's first sword can cut spells with its edges and deflect them with the flat of the blade.
- Demon-Dweller Sword: Asta's second sword can cut spells with its edges, much like the Demon-Slayer Sword. It can also borrow the magic from the people around him, thereby increasing the force and range of his attacks.Besides Licht, only Asta can wield this sword because he possesses no mana, as other mages would not be able to use any magic while in contact with the sword and would have their mana reserves depleted.
- Demon-Destroyer Sword: Asta's third sword can cut spells with its edges, much like his other two swords. It can also absorb and remove the effects of spells and negate Reincarnation Magic.