Caitlin debuted in Jostling for the Junior Cup!, where she participated in an exhibition match against Cynthia in the Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup. Despite how powerful the two Trainers were, the time limit put on the battle ended before either of their Pokémon could be defeated, making the match a draw.
She appeared briefly in Goodbye, Junior Cup - Hello Adventure! where she was part of the Junior Cup's closing ceremony.
Gothitelle was used in the exhibition match for the Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup against Cynthia's Garchomp. The two proved powerful during the fight, but the battle ended in a draw due to the short time limit.
Gothitelle's known moves are Flatter, Psychic, Thunderbolt, and Brick Break.
- Caitlin is one of the few characters shown to have physically aged between game appearances.
- Caitlin dresses in the Japanese 姫ギャル princess gal style.
- Caitlin is the second Elite Four member who was introduced in an earlier generation and then attained the title in a later generation, Koga being the first.
- Caitlin is the only Elite Four member not from the Indigo Plateau to appear in more than one generation.
- In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, a minor character in the Battle Castle mentions that Darach has feelings for Caitlin, but refuses to show these emotions to her.
- Caitlin is the only character in Black and White who is either a Gym Leader or an Elite Four member who does not use a move introduced in Generation V in either battle.
- Caitlin is one of two members of any Elite Four to have a home shown in-game, the other being Lorelei.
- Caitlin is the only Unova Elite Four Member to have appeared in the anime, a trait she shares with Drake from the Hoenn Elite Four.