The TMNT make their first major appearance in "Truth, Justice, and What?" where Michelangelo suggests that Robin should use pizza to tempt and recruit Teen Titan Members.
They appear later on in the episode and they have stolen all pizzas ever made. They encounter the Titans, and result in a battle with them. The turtles win at first, but the Titans use pizza, and with their energy and goofiness, they defeat the TMNT, and steal their shells.
- Dual Katana: Used by Leonardo
- Bo Staff: Used by Donatello
- Nunchucks: Used by Michelangelo
- Sai: Used by Raphael
- Más y Menos (debut, cameo)
- Truth, Justice, and What?
- Operation Dude Rescue (cameo on drawing on wall, Raphael only)
- Michelangelo is voiced by Beast Boy's voice actor, Greg Cipes, in the current Nickelodeon animated series.
- All of the Turtles have pink masks, which is a reference to their original 1984 incarnation where they all have red masks.
- In the image of the Turtles in the alley, the turtle spray painting "NINJA LIFE" clearly has nun-chucks strapped to the back of his shell, indicating that it is Michelangelo.
- Ninja Life could be referencing the phrase "Thug Life"
- They say their catchphrase "Booyakasha" just like in the 2012 series.
- They are the first non-DC Heroes to appear in the show.
- The password Robin speaks to get inside the Ninja Turtles' lair is "totally tubular," another catchphrase from the Ninja Turtles.
- They are never actually refer to as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the show, But are constantly called "Turtle Dudes".