Appearing in Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind, Doofus Rickfrom dimension J19ζ7 is different from all other Ricks. Unlike the other Ricks, he is not as intelligent or sarcastic. Because he never had any children, he had his Morty assigned to him from another reality where everyone looks like Eric Stoltz in the Mask. He bonded with Jerry shortly before returning to his dimension. According to other Ricks, Doofus Rick comes from a dimension where people eat feces. He does return at the end of the episode only to be hinted at his return.
- He has been nicknamed "Doofus Rick" by the other Ricks because he is not as intelligent as they are.
- It is possible that this Rick is from the same universe as the person seen eating feces on the TV from the episode Rixty Minutes.
- However, Doofus Rick consistently denies eating feces.
- According to the commentary track for the episode "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind" on the season 01 Blu-ray/DVD Justin Roiland confirms that Doofus Rick does not eat his own feces.
- Doofus Rick appears very similar to the severely inbred direct descendant of Jesus Christ from the comic book series Preacher, due to the bowl-cut hair, unibrow, and buck teeth.
- The Beth of his reality is never born and neither is his Morty.
- The Birds of the Doopidoo Dimension have the same hairdo as Doofus Rick.
- The fact that his Morty looks like Eric Stoltz may be a reference to Eric Stoltz playing Marty McFly in Back to the Future before Michael J. Fox took over the role.