This timeline follows a similar path to timeline 1 and timeline 2, it notably changes on Future Trunks' second return from the past as in this timeline, Future Trunks returned with the android blueprints from timeline 4, not the massive power increase from timeline 1. The androids were destroyed, but Trunks was not powerful enough to combat Cell. Cell killed Future Trunks and used his Time Machine to go back in time to find the androids, creating timelines 1 and 2.
This is one of the darkest timelines, as even Trunks is deceased.
- Frieza and King Cold invade Earth and are defeated by Trunks5.
- Trunks is born, Goku dies from heart disease.
- Dr. Gero activates Android 17 and Android 18. They kill him and then proceed to kill all of the other Z Fighters except for Gohan. Gohan becomes a Super Saiyan.
- Over the course of 13 years Gohan challenges the androids alone but never wins.
- Gohan trains Trunks, but is eventually killed by the androids. Trunks attempts to avenge Gohan but is badly beaten.
- Bulma builds a Time Machine to send Trunks to the past with the hopes of finding a way to destroy the androids. Trunks takes medicine to cure Goku's4 heart condition with him.
- Trunks goes back in time to timeline 4 (which is created because of this trip). He returns after killing Frieza4, giving Goku4 the medicine, and warning the Z Fighters4 about the Red Ribbon Androids.
- Trunks goes back in time again to help the Z Fighters4 in timeline 4 to combat the androids.
- Trunks returns from the past and destroys the androids after using their emergency stop circuit.
- Cell emerges and, realizing the androids are gone, decides to use Trunks' Time Machine to go back in time and find the androids in the past. Cell ambushes and kills Trunks, gets the Time Machine and goes to Age 7631. This eventually creates timeline 1 and 2. In timeline 1, Cell is ultimately destroyed by Super Saiyan 2 Gohan1 with a Father-Son Kamehameha.
- Even though Trunks died in this timeline, both Cell and the androids are gone, so Earth presumably starts to rebuild itself.