Polaris was a part of Magneto's family known as House of Magnus. She was a lonely girl of about seventeen, isolated from most people. She wished to see the world and live her life, but feared her father will do something rash if she choosed otherwise.
Gambit came and wooed her into believing many things, one which included her being trapped in Genosha forever, for it was her cage, and 'a cage is still a cage, even if it do look like a palace.' Polaris harbored some feelings for Gambit, and even attempted to run away with him. However, Gambit in the end betrayed her, and taught her the lesson which would eventually play a part in the coming episodes; the world was exactly like Gambit, distrustful, horrid, yet beautiful. After Gambit's failure in stealing Magneto's helmet, and departure, Lorna still harbors some lingering feelings for him.
Lorna eventually left her father's side, and joined her sister, Wanda. Together, they banished their father and their brother off Genosha.
Powers and Abilities
Polaris is a mutant with powers similar to those of her father, Magneto.
- Magnetic Field Manipulation: ability to manipulate magnetism.
- Magnetic Force-Fields: Polaris can protect herself from physical harm, can stretch her fields to protect a large group, and can suspend persons or objects in the air.
- Magnetic Flight: Polaris can suspend herself in flight by riding the Earth's magnetic field.
- Electromagnetic Sight: By concentrating, Polaris can perceive the world around herself solely as patterns of magnetic and electrical energy. She can perceive the natural magnetic auras surrounding living beings, as well.
- Magnetic Pulse: Polaris can focus her magnetic energy into powerful concussive blasts. She can also overload or short-circuit electrical systems. She has been shown destroying Shi'ar warships with single magnetic pulses.
On Earth-80920, Lorna Dane (Earth-80920) was one of the few survivors of Genosha.