Melody is the protagonist of The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea. She is the daughter of Ariel and Prince Eric, the niece of Ariel's sisters, and the granddaughter of King Triton and the late Queen Athena. She is also the princess of her father's kingdom.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Melody has inherited some of her mother's superhuman traits, namely strength, which is demonstrated by her scaling an ice wall with few problems late into the film.
- Superhuman Speed: Melody has inherited some of her mother's superhuman traits, namely speed, according to Sebastian; she is just as fast as Ariel.
- Superhuman Durability: Melody has inherited superhuman durability, as evidenced by her not being crushed into oblivion when forcibly changed back into a human by Morgana despite the depth at which she was.
- Aquapathy: Due to her mermaid heritage, Melody is capable of speaking with aquatic fauna.
- Aquakinesis: Due to her mermaid heritage, Melody possesses the power of aquakinesis, as seen in the ending of the movie, as she and Ariel both proceeded to cause a wave to form from behind them.
- Rapid Adaptability: Due to her mermaid heritage, Melody is capable of rapid adaptability; for example, when she was temporarily turned into a mermaid by Morgana via Ursula's last magic potion, Melody was able to learned how to swim in a few minutes, and move in the same timespan.
- Speed Swimming: When she was temporarily turned into a mermaid by Morgana via Ursula's last magic potion, Melody was to get to Atlantica from the Arctic in less than a day.
- Skilled Swimmer: Due to her being half-mermaid, Melody is a skilled swimmer.
- Dancing: As demonstrated in the film, Melody is an excellent dancer; a talent that she has inherited from both of her parents, Ariel and Eric respectively.
- Singing: As demonstrated in the film, Melody is an excellent singer; a talent that she has inherited from her mother, Ariel.
- Oxygen: Melody cannot breathe underwater in her human form; if she remains underwater for too long, she will lose consciousness and eventually drown. Despite this, Melody can at least hold her breath for long periods of time.