Ranfan was one of the eight fighters to make it to the quarterfinals in the 21st World Tournament and the only female fighter. She was constantly being bugged by Jackie Chun (who was really Master Roshi in disguise) hitting on her. Ranfan drew number six and ended up fighting against Nam.
In the battle, she got a couple good hits on Nam and used all her feminine charm to distract him and almost got him out of the ring when she stripped down to her underwear, shocking him. Nam was only able to defeat her by closing his eyes and attacking her without "looking upon her womanly flesh". Right after she is defeated, Jackie Chun/Master Roshi, under the guise of seeing if she is all right, places his hands on her panties to "check for a heartbeat".
After her defeat in the tournament, she is one of four fighters who stay around to watch the final round and she is the one who finally finds Goku sleeping before his match with Giran.
Sometime after the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament, she marries a man named Trunks and becomes a housewife. After King Piccolo's resurrection, she was listed as one of the many targets on the World Martial Arts Tournament image roster for Tambourine's mission to murder the martial artists, though it is never revealed if Ranfan was slain.
- Burikko – Ranfan gives someone a loving look and dazzles them. Also, Ranfan shrieks when someone is about to hit her, then hits them when they go to help her.
- Heat Fist – She uses air friction to heat her fist and deliver extra damage when punching.
- Stripping – Ranfan strips down to her pink panties and pink bra to shock male opponents.
- Giant Heart – A giant heart that expands outward, hitting the opponent. Used in Dragon Ball: Origins.
- Hearts Spinning – Either pink hearts that spin clockwise around her, or red hearts that spin anticlockwise and more quickly around her. Used in Dragon Ball: Origins.
- Small Hearts – One or three hearts that she fires directly at the opponent. Used in Dragon Ball: Origins.