Sakura (Japanese: サクラ Sakura), known as Sayo in the English language versions of the games, is a Pokémon Trainer who lives with her sisters, the Kimono Sisters, in Ecruteak City.
Sakura made her first appearance in Trouble's Brewing. She was particularly friendly with Misty, due to having the common experience of being the youngest in a group of sisters. For a while, she even considered joining Ash and his friends for their Pokémon journey, but eventually decided to train by herself first before embarking on her own journey.
In Espeon, Not Included, the group met up with Sakura again while passing through to Ecruteak City. By this time, her Eevee had evolved into an Espeon. She used Espeon in a battle against Misty's Corsola, where the coral Pokémon emerged victorious. She also later helped the group to save her sisters' stolen Pokémon from Team Rocket.
Sakura's most recent appearance was in the special episode The Blue Badge of Courage where she was revealed to be challenging Gyms and so visited Misty in Cerulean City. She mentioned that by that point she already had three Gym Badges (Storm Badge, Zephyr Badge, and Hive Badge). After helping Misty to save Kinso's stolen Badges from the Gym Badge thieves, Sakura had a battle against Misty's Corsola once again, this time with Espeon being victorious, thus earning Sakura her fourth Badge (the Cascade Badge).
- Eevee → Espeon
- Storm Badge (prior to The Blue Badge of Courage)
- Zephyr Badge (prior to The Blue Badge of Courage)
- Hive Badge (prior to The Blue Badge of Courage)
- Cascade Badge (The Blue Badge of Courage)
- Both of her known Pokémon are the result of branched evolution. Also, both of her known Pokémon were at the time the only two Pokémon that can learn Morning Sun by level-up.
- In HeartGold and SoulSilver, her sister Naoko, who once owned Flareon, is now in possession of the Espeon Sayo had in Generation II.