"Steven Quartz Universe" is the main protagonist of Steven Universe. He is the son of Greg Universe and Rose Quartz, and the only male member of the Crystal Gems. A half-human, half-Gem as a result of his parentage, Steven is an extraordinary unique being with latent powers beyond that of both normal humans and Gems. Guided and aided by the Crystal Gems, Steven's destiny is to protect humanity as his late mother did before him.
- Augmented Weapon Summoning: Steven has, on multiple occasions, summoned his shield in the form of a incredibly durable bubble which encases Steven and whoever he's protecting. For whatever reason, Steven was shown able to utilize this ability much better than summoning the shield itself in its original weapon form.
- Age Manipulation: In the episode "So Many Birthdays," Steven discovers he can manipulate his age through his state of mind and maturity. Steven's biological age depends solely on how old he thinks he is.
- Healing: (currently inactive): Steven's saliva has the power to heal the injuries of both humans and Gems. Steven's healing capabilities have not yet been seen to the full extent of his power, but he is shown to be capable of healing the cracked gemstones as seen when he healed Lapis Lazuli in "Ocean Gem." He can also heal common human injuries, seen when he healed Connie's eyesight in "An Indirect Kiss" and Greg's broken leg in "House Guest."
- Phytokinesis: In "Watermelon Steven," Steven discovers he has the ability to grow sentient flora in the form of watermelons shaped like himself. They acted as his bodyguards, but they weren't directly under his control and the Watermelon Stevens would ignore his orders and attacked whoever they thought was threatening him, suggesting that he doesn't have full mastery over this ability thus far.
- Superhuman Strength: Steven occasionally performs feats of strength that would be impossible for a human boy his age -- or even a grown man. In "Together Breakfast," Steven is able to lift and force the Together Breakfast in its mutated state into the lava pool by himself without the other Crystal Gems. He also displays a large amount of strength in "Arcade Mania" when he rips off the top of the Meat Beat Mania arcade game to break Garnet from her trance. He displays an even further amount of strength in "The Return" when he smashes Greg's van's dashboard with a single punch, apparently hard enough to both shatter it and activate the airbags. In "Joy Ride" he's able to move Jenny away from the escape pod without any effort. As Gems are much stronger and durable than their appearance would indicate, Steven's superhuman strength was most likely passed down to him from his mother.